Monday, July 18, 2011

Marcie in Yellow

I'm getting ready for a class that I'm teaching at Gone Scrappin' in Bloom in Rossburn. I've made a couple of sample cards, highlighting the yellow copic colors that we're going to be using, as well as the airbrush system that people are going to try out.  I thought I'd post the two sample cards so you could see them.






For this card I used the spotlight technique. I stamped two copies of the Marcie image, and used by circle spellbinder die to cut out a circle from the second image. I colored only the circle image and popped it up with a pop dot on the main image.  I like this technique as it really highlights the colors and the image in a totally different way.

Challenges for this card:
La La Land Customer Gallery
Sunday Sketch and Stamp
Simon Says Stamp
Crafts and Me
Alota Rubber Stamps
Sarah Hurley
Fussy and Fancy Friday
Cute Card Thursday
iCopic
My second card is this one:



I airbrushed the light yellow background around Marcie. If you take a closer look you'll see that I didn't cut out the masked area between her legs--so it's blank.  I don't much like the look, but I left it so we could talk about it at the class.  I also airbrushed the pink paisley bracket up in the left hand corner.

It's my first real attempt at airbrushing and I'm definitely hooked. I'm ordering a compressor as we speak!

Challenges for this card:
La La Land Customer Gallery July Challenge Sketch
Simon Says Stamp
Crafts and Me
Sarah Hurley
Fussy and Fancy Friday
iCopic

9 comments:

  1. Great cards Janet! Love the spotlight technique on the top one and the bottom one os so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card
    See you next week in SS&S Kathrin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!Thank you for joining us at CCT
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the techniques used on these cards. Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! You've colored this beautifully and I love the whole layout. You will have so much fun with your compressor!! Good luck too on your classes you are teaching, I am sure your students will learn a lot!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at icopic : )
    Hugs!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card, the little girl is very pretty
    thanks for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE!!!

    Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Sweetie, these are just fabulous, big hugs love Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so clever! Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at La-La Land Crafts. Kim

    ReplyDelete