Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tilda in Red

I joined the Tilda challenge this week. We were challenged to create a card featuring Tilda, but it had to be red. I created two cards, as I was experimenting with skin colors. One Tilda has caucasian-type skin, while the second Tilda has a darker skin tone.

I had a friend tell me that she would really like to get some cards where the image has darker skin (as she does). Well--that opened my eyes. I've never really noticed, til then, that most images are colored with a lighter skin tone. So, I've been experimenting. I still haven't got the tone I want, but I'm getting there.

Here's Tilda in Red #1:




Here is Tilda in Red #2:


I colored her using my copic markers, and used the martha stewart punch for the edges. I also used a Hero Arts background stamp for the second layer--stamped in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. I also used some pearls from the dollar store, but I colored them with my copics so they matched the card.

Hope you like them! I've entered them in the following challenge:

Challenge 31 Tilda in Red

2 comments:

  1. I love them both - blue boots or red :o) and your embossed background is fab!! thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club xx Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
    xx

    ReplyDelete