Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fairy Fun Fridays

I just love images by the Prairie Fairy, don't you? I'm using this christmas image, and yes, I do realize that the colors aren't particularly Christmas-y, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing out there. Lots bloggers are making cards that don't necessarily fit the traditional look of holiday cards, and I'm loving them.

So--on to the card. The challenge can be found here. We are challenged to used punches.

Here's the card:


I used spellbinders dies to cut out the scalloped circle and the labels 10 die to cut out the two centre pieces. I used my flourishes Tim Holtz die to cut out the two flourishes I put on the card. I pressed them into my glue pad and then sprinkled glitter on them. (I love glitz!) I colored the image with copics, and added some sparkle to the image by using stickles on the fur pieces. The flower is made by using the flower punch (SU). I punched it three times, and cut the middle and top layer a bit smaller. I used a dollar store brad in the centre of it.

I hope all those punches meet the criteria. I'm also entering it in the Stamp Something Challenge and in the Friday Sketchers Challenge #116.

Thanks for looking, and for all your comments. I really love reading them. Janet

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Janet! I love the sparkly swirls and your choice of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sparkle you added and always love when I see someone use a PF Design. Great card, I look forward to seeing future creations. Thanks for joining us at FFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card,I love the swirls and the color you used!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Janet, the swirls look glorious with the glitter shining on it and the image is adorable. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Janet, I used this image in my DT card, isn't she adorable. I love your papers and swirls. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday with your lovely creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Janet, love love love the colors and the glitter, did you make the flowers? Talented thing you!!!
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete