Monday, February 6, 2012

A Tree Full of Love




I've had this idea for ages--this tree idea--and when I read about the Guest Designer Challenge for My Favorite Things, I knew I had to make this project.  

I totally love the stamps From My Favorite Things. Their designs are awesome and can be used for so many occasion. I think that once I set the wonderful quality of these stamps aside, it's got to be their versatility that attracts me.

I got the wood from Michaels and determined how long each piece was. Then I painted all the wood pieces with pink paint.

I used a variety of dp's--some Martha Stewart and some others from my stash.  It took me a while to determine where each paper would go, but I like the end product.  I used two images from My Favorite Things.  Those images are from the Pure Innocence line, which is one of my favorite stamp lines.

I used copics to color the images.  I added some hearts that I punched out using my cuttlebug. I glued everything together with my glue gun and popped it into this gorgeous white vase. I added some spanish moss and ribbon as an accent.

If you're interested in taking part in the Guest Designer contest, visit their forum over at Splitcoaststampers.  Even if you're not interested in the contest, be sure to visit anyway as the creations that are entered are superb!

Challenges:

15 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Janet! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see your wonderful creations again soon.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, what a lovely project! So pretty and a great idea.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thats different, love its shape. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely creation
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative project! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab idea, great project. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley for our valentines challenge. Good luck
    Hugs
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. your tree of love is precious! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our love challenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic idea!! Love this tree of love!!Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow fab creation, thanks for sharing with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great take on the pink and red theme... adorable tree! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow such a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Cutie Pies Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation! thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenges! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how ingenious of you. What a wonderful addition to your home. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge sand don't forget a new challenge starts on Monday,
    Hugs
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great idea and wonderful to see someone working "outside the square" Well done. Thanks for joining us at Mad For Markers. Mel B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea. Thanks for joining us at Mad for markers
    Hugs
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete