Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Krafty Day

I was really inspired by the cards Julia Stainton has up at The Classroom.   Here`s one I made today.





I`ve used only dies from My Favorite Things today.  I think I have used four in this card:  Mix and Match Banner dies, Mini Tabs Foursome die, Chevron Stripes die, and lastly the Botanical Beauty die.  I`ve always loved the dies from MFT. They work so easily and can work on both scrapbook layouts and cards.

The stamp is also from My Favorite Things. I believe it was from a triple scoop set I got a while ago.

All the cardstock is kraft paper and the papers that I used for the flower was from an old book that I got at a local thrift store.  I used white ink for the sentiment as well as to sponge around the edges.

I`m entering this card into the My Favorite Things challenge.  The winner is lucky enough to be a guest designer for MFT for the month of Sept!  I think that`s really exciting and a top notch prize. If you`re interested, you can get all the details here.  Why not whip up a card yourself and join in.

Oh yah, since I`m entering this card in the Scrapbookers Paradise challenge, I need to mention that I`m not near any of their stores. However, I was lucky enough to visit 2 in Calgary a while ago.  Great stores...be sure to check them out.

Challenges for this card:

MFT Guest Designer Challenge for September
Timeless Tuesday at Flourishes
My Mums Craft Shop
Scrapbookers Paradise Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your lovely interpretation of our Playing in Paradise Challenge.Hope you are able to play regularly. Have you entered the Win Win Win summer contest? Definitely a nice product package up for grapbs there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the dies (I know they're on my wish list!), especially your texty flower :) Thanks so much for playing along in Paradise with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that flower made out of old book pages...awesome! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love your flower. Thank you for Playing in Paradise this week.

    ReplyDelete