Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ruffles

I've created a second entry for the Simply Sassy DT call.  You've got to be in it to win it, right?  I wasn't overly keen on my first entry, and I was totally inspired by these papers.  Yesterday morning, I had a few minutes before I left for work, and began playing with these papers and punches and it just came together nicely.




I think it helps that I really love the aqua and brown color combo too.  I used these copics to color the Luv A Latte image: T2,4, N0, B04, R27, BG000,01,02,15 and E00,02, 30,33,35,53,55,57 and 59.  I totally forgot I had bought this ribbon at my LSS. I had that brainstorm when I was out driving.....don't you love it when that happens?!  I hoped it would work great, and low and behold, it did!  The flowers are from Prima. The butterflies are punched out of gold metallic paper using a Martha Stewart punch.  I also added some cork.  I punched around the edges of the cork with the scalloped edge punch.  That's a first for me--using cork on a card. I actually used it twice. It's also used on the leaves for the flowers, which are punched with another Martha Stewart punch.  Lastly, glossy accents were used on the coffee in the mug and I used my white gel pen to dot the eyes.

I'm off to Scrapbookers Anonymous and More to teach two copic classes this Saturday. We're going to focus on coloring hair and skin using Magnolia stamps. If you haven't popped in, you should.  Marilyn has a great selection of Magnolia's!  I'll be there from 1-5:30pm, so be sure to say hi if you do drop by.  It's going to be a blast, as always.

Happy coloring!

Challenges for this card:
Simply Sassy
Card Makin Mamas
My Partner in Crafting Crime
Digital Tuesday--women
Woodware USA
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge
Freshly Brewed Challenge

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful papers! Fun card! Good luck with your DT call! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card- I love the colour combo and layout!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at My Partner In Crafting Crime this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card. Lovely image and beautiful papers. Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges.
    Hugs Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous..fab DP and I love the colours you have chosen.. Good luck.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why Sassy "What big blue eyes you have"! Love how your colour combo really emphasises this little cutie's eyes. Fabby butterflies too! Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  6. O i just love these sassy images and that colour combo is fab! Thanks so much for joining in with our Girls and swirls challenge this week at Stamptacular Sunday
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is adorable! I just love anything coffee :D


    Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Cute and Sweet challenge

    Hugs! Heather

    ReplyDelete