Monday, April 12, 2010

The Birds

I've been hoarding these chipboard birds from Maya Road. To tell you the truth, I really didn't know what to do with them, but I really like them. They sat and sat and I took them out every so often and tried to make them fit on whatever card I was working on. No go. They never seemed right.

Yesterday, I was trying out a new technique using the cuttlebug, sandpaper, and acrylic paint. I love the lettuce and purple colors....they just seem so different together, yet appealing. Once I had the card base done, I thought about those birds and decided that this was the time to use them. I painted them with acrylic paint and sprinkled glitter on them.



Voila! A card is born.

I like how it turned out. Hope you do too! Thanks for stopping by,
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Love it Janet! Do a tutorial on it!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl---I hoard all the time! I know what you mean! This is FAB! Love the colors and the pop of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a crafting hoarder too! I actually bought those birds the other day, despite having no idea what to do with them! You have done a fab job, they look great! I love the lettuce/purple together too, great combo! :o)

    ReplyDelete