Monday, March 14, 2011

A Neutral Beauty



A brown monochromatic card using the peaches Flourishes image.  I really like Flourishes stamps. They are classic images that can be used for many occassions, and can be colored with all sorts of colors. I'm featuring them in my next class at Scrapbookers Anonymous and More on March 26.

This image was colored with my copics and I used some pearls that I bought at Love is in the Details at my visit there last month.  Lori makes her own flowers and bead arrangements....gotta love these!  I added some of Lori's netting as well.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts and I altered them using glimmer glam.  I used my spellbinders to cut out the image and the background frame. A Martha Stewart punch was used to cut out the leaves.  Lastly a doo hickey die from Magnolia was used to create the lacey edge.

Challenges for this card:

Flourishes Neutral Beauty Challenge
Paper Cupcakes
CCEE Stampers
Simon Says Stamp
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge #19

5 comments:

  1. Wow Janet,this is truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous - I love your color choice and image!! Thanks for playing with us!

    Molly - Paper Cupcakes DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Janet, I used Sizzix dies for the corners of my card. Here's a link to some on ebay so you can see what I mean.

    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sizzix-Architectural-Accent-4-Die-Set-/380290029652?pt=US_Die_Cutting_Machines_Dies&hash=item588b0d5854

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love this card. Lots of effort has gone into this and the tones are great. Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is amazing, make me want peaches now :)

    ReplyDelete