Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's Spring

or at least they say it's spring.  It's certainly not spring here. We've been getting lots of heavy, wet snow all day today.  It's supposed to continue tonight and tomorrow and we're supposed to get 15-20 com of it on tuesday!  Maybe I'll get my blizzard day yet!



I've got a Sugar Nellie image for you in this post. I've colored her up for the Sugar Bowl Challenge.  The Challenge is a sketch along with the theme of Spring,and I've managed to make it all work, I think.  I really like the orange and green colors.  Copics were used again, along with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I also texturized the two paper strips with a cuttlebug folder. I added a wee bit of glossy accents to the coffee to add a bit of shine to it.

I hope it's definitely Spring in your neck of the woods. If so, send it ,my way please!

Challenges for my card:

The Sugar Bowl
Stamp Something
Wild Orchid Challenge
House of Gilli
The Cheerful Stamp Pad
Stamp with Sarah Kay
Creative Cottage

6 comments:

  1. I love these bright colors depicting Spring. Thanks for joining "Is It Spring Yet?" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. Please come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Janet. Love the colour combo. Fabby image and pretty detail. Did you get the sunshine I am wishing your way.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly sweet card and such fab spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet is this card x
    Lovely x
    Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! THanks for joining us at House of Gilli! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet great choice of spring colours. Thanks for taking part in the Sugar Bowl challenge, good luck and happy crafting,
    Regards Erika.

    ReplyDelete