Friday, January 7, 2011

Hearts and Bears

Isn't it funny how we go from one holiday to the next? Christmas is barely over and we're on to Valentine's day already.  I guess it really isn't that strange though. I'm so done with Christmas cards and I'm really itching to make new cards, and those new Valentine images are popping up everywhere, I just can't resist them.



This is the first time I have used an image from Stampfairy...don't you love him!!!!!! I totally love the expression on his face. I used copics to color him, and if you look closely, you'll see that his fur has some texture. That's a neat technique using copic blender solution and a piece of fabric.  What I did was pour some blender solution on a piece of fabric that has some pile to it (like a face cloth) and then blot the image with it.  The blender solution removes some of the marker which creates some texture to the image.  I think it gives the bear some 'fur'.   Let me know what you think of it, or how it's worked for you, if you've tried it.


For embellishments, I've used my cuttlebug folders (2 different folders) to add more texture, as well as some flowers from Wild Orchid.  I also used two different spellbinder dies (heart and scalloped heart) as well as stickles on the heart hiding behind the bear.  I used two different patterned papers and I tried to make the card as bold as possible---aren't the colors wild?  I love the patterned paper colors of green, pink and brown. They definitely are different colors for a valentine.

Thanks for popping by my blog today.  I appreciate the comments you leave.  Have a great weekend.

Challenges for this card:
Stampfairy
Wild Orchid
Papertake Weekly
Stamp Something
Fab'n'Funky

16 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the image work and your choice of papers is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon

    I love this card. The bling bling on the heart is sooooo me, it is adorable!! You have done a great job, thanks for joining our Challenge!

    Hugs, Gerda aka Stampfairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your card is absolutely adorable!! love the heart and papers and the glittery heart is great! Thanks for sharing your tips on how to create the fur look, sounds easy and the results are fabulous!!
    Thanks for joining us on our blog hop and challenge!
    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute card, love this glitter on the heart!
    thanks for playing with us at stampfairy this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I Love this sweet Lenny Bear and he is just perfect for a fun Love or Valentine's Card!

    Thank you for joining the Blog Hop and Challenge at StampFairy! We are very happy you did!

    Happy Crafting,
    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made his all sparkly and romantic, just love this card. Thanks for joining us this week at StampFairy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - love the colours

    Thanks for joining us on Stamp Fairy Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, love the papers you used too!
    thanks for playing along at Stamp Fairy this week, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card and gorgeous papers. Perfect for your valentine. Thanks for playing at StampFairy this week.
    Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. January 9, 2011 10:40 AM

    Janet, we're quite impressed with your designs. I'm sure it's fun and challenging to see what you can create. Love, Rose & Harry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lenny turned out wonderfully! I love the texture on him and the colors are fab! Thanks so much for joining in on our StampFairy Blog Hop.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you've discovered the wonderful images at StampFairy Janet! I love the texture you've added to Lenny on your card and your papers and colors on it are a great combo. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge and hop at StampFairy. We hope you'll join our challenges again next week too.
    All the best,
    Sharon-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally adorable - thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky and Stamp Fairy too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's absolutely gorgeous !!! Great job!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my blog candy.

    I hope you will return ...

    big hugs for you...Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I so love this card that image is gorgeous and I love the tip on how to get a fur look it has worked and looks so effective. I also love the colours and design of your card thank you for joining us at Stamp fairy this week.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH wow! This is just precious!! I really love the glittery hearts!! So fun!! thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something this week!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete